Aloe vera has long been used as an herbal medicine. It is known for its amazing soothing as well as invigorating effects, which make it a good choice when it comes to skin care. But, recent studies have found that this ornamental plant is quite effective in treating diabetes too. But, is Aloe vera good for diabetes? As per research, if used in a proper manner, aloe can lower the blood glucose level in our body considerably. This article will shed some light on why and how aloe vera should be used for treating and preventing diabetes.
[ Read: How Does Fenugreek Help Cure Diabetes ]
How are Aloe Vera and Diabetes Linked?
These days, diabetes is considered to be one of the most common (and fatal) auto-immune diseases. The number of people diagnosed with diabetes or hyperglycemia each year around the world is escalating at an alarming rate. However, it is already known that regular workout, a well-balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle can help us immensely in preventing the diseases or at least managing it efficiently. Though lifestyle choices and regular exercising are dependent upon your work schedule and physical endurance, eating healthy is completely up to you and here comes the importance of aloe vera.
Here are some important facts that have been discovered from several researches:
- Aloe vera is one of the most effective foods that can help us regulate our blood sugar levels in a natural way.
- Regular consumption of fresh aloe vera juice is extremely beneficial for stabilizing the amount of glucose in our bloodstream.
- The hypoglycemic ability of aloe vera can turn out to be equally advantageous for patients of both IDDM (insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus) and NIDDM (non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus).
- If you take two doses of aloe vera juice (anywhere between 5 ml and 15 ml) every day, the blood sugar level will go down significantly.
[ Read: Fight Diabetes With Turmeric ]
Why To Rely On Aloe Vera For Diabetes?
Now, let us take a look at the reasons why aloe vera is considered as a natural treatment for diabetes and why we should rely on it:
- Aloe vera gel is rich in glucomannan. It is a dietary fiber (polysachharide), which gets dissolved in the water easily, thereby reducing the amounts of glucose in our body. In short, this hemicelluloses component can work as a hypoglycemic substance and lower our blood sugar level effectively.
- It contains certain compounds like anthraquinones (organic phenols with specific aroma) and lectins (proteins that bind carbohydrates together), which help in reducing the presence of glucose in our blood as well as maintaining it properly afterwards.
- It can lower blood sugar level as much as 50% in just a couple of months.
- It detoxifies the body, which helps in eliminating the excess glucose from the bloodstream.
- It has incredible antioxidant as well as anti-inflammatory properties, which keep us protected from various other issues, such as ulcers, wounds, infections, etc. related to diabetes.
- It can boost the secretion of insulin in your body, thereby making the alleviation of diabetes easy.
- Being a natural ingredient, it causes no adverse side effect while treating diabetes.
How To Include Aloe In Your Diabetic Diet?
As said earlier, aloe vera can work wonder for diabetics in conjunction with a healthy and well-balanced diet. It is crucial that you go for fresh organic aloe gel or juice only instead of the processed ones. It will help you enjoy the maximum benefits. Initially, you may take only 1 teaspoon of aloe a day. But increase the amount up to 3 teaspoons daily as you become familiar with it. However, if the bitter taste of the food doesn’t suit your taste buds, simply add a dollop of honey or any other natural sweetener to it before consumption.
Are you suffering from diabetes? Want to combat the condition in a natural way? Start consuming aloe vera juice today! And don’t forget to share this good news to your friends and family!
Hope the article is helpful for you. Don’t forget to share your feedback with us in the comments section below.